Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Save the Date! Marquis de Lafayette's Grand Birthday Soiree

Regency Ball
You may have already seen my postings about my upcoming Preparing for Lafayette Lecture and Workshop Series and I know many of you live too far away to make these events.  BUT . . . you should definitely plan to attend my GRAND BALL in September!

Marquis de la Fayette's Grand Birthday Soiree is going to be an AMAZING event!  The ball is the culminating event after the workshops (helping folks build a basic late Regency wardrobe and then giving them a place to wear it!)  And what better way to celebrate than at the Birthday Bash for the Marquis de Lafayette?!?!  (His real birthday is Sept 6th and there are lots of other Lafayette themed events going on in Fayetteville to celebrate our namesake.)
BONUS:  You can use your Patron discounts for any of these events!!!
 
My oldest son's 19th birthday is September 5th and I've been trying to convince him to be my "Lafayette" for the event so that it could be like one giant birthday party for him.  I think it would be AWESOME - especially because Lafayette was only 19 years old when the American Revolution broke out! (Of course this birthday soiree is set during Lafayette's return to the United States in 1824-1825 . . . but you get the idea).  He's saying no right now - but I'm going to keep working on changing his mind. ;)
other picture of the style we're talking about for the Soiree . . . are you drooling yet?!
Here's another picture of the style we're talking about for the Soiree . . . are you drooling yet?!

I really hope I get to see some of you at my event in September.  Ask any questions you may have - I'll be updating the main Lafayette site frequently as I continue to build out the event.
With Love,
Rebecca

No comments: