Monday, June 27, 2011

Blue Sheer Madness



So this is the blue cotton sheer dress I started well over a year ago. I typically do not like sheer dresses for myself, but I love the idea, so I keep making them . . . And always end up selling them.

(side note: this picture is awful because the lighting is terrible in my basement and the curtains are a distraction, but I was removing the dress so I could put my 1940s dress on it so thought I'd snap a quick pic in the process.)

Anyway, it's a fabulous fabric. You can't tell in these pictures but it has a tiny woven diamond pattern that probably would show up in the daylight over a nice white petticoat.



I'm thinking of doing a narrow brown trim. I love the contrast. Its just pinned on right now, but you can get the idea. There's a lot left to do and I just lost momentum last year. Not a huge fan of this pattern and the waist it awfully high . . . Well, I should just get it done after the 1940s things and get it over with.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: