Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hooks and Eyes on kid's Clothing

I decided to put hooks and eyes on Renton's tunic. It has confirmed my hatred for this type of closure. Takes me just as long to sew these on as it would have to sew button holes. But I wanted to try something different. I am also afraid that the way Renton yanks off his clothes, they may not last very long. We'll see . . .


I used the larger hooks and eyes and tried the "continuous" stiching that I've seen on many originals. Again, I am a little concerned that the extra thread is going to end up getting caught and pulled and the fastenings are just going to come off. I'll update this later if that happens (and will stick to button holes in the future).

Hooks with continuous stiching.


Front side of eyes

Back side of "eyes" with continuous stiching

No comments: