Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer of Sewing


Okay - I've decided to finally tackle all my sewing projects (well, as many as I can) this summer! I am also going to attempt to blog about them. Since I've never done this before, I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, but I'm going to give it a shot.

We've been rearranging everything in the house and I haven't been able to really get to any of my projects until tonight. So my first project out of the box was a "Lancer Jacket" by Heidi Marsh. I have had this jacket cut out now for almost two years and have never gotten around to finishing it. So tonight after I got the kids to bed I ran downstairs, pulled it out and went to town. Now . . . it is almost done. All I have to do is sew the lining to the shell and add buttons and button holes. I am not putting any boning in it, and did not pipe any seams. The version I am making is meant to be an informal jacket. I used a faux quilted cotton with a large blue floral print on a cream background. So far, I like it a lot!

Oh! Also realized that this pattern is EXACTLY the pattern of an orange wool jacket I just purchased from a sutler last weekend at Old Bedford Village! Ha! I knew I liked it.

Will post some pictures later.

No comments: